Saturday 22 June 2013

Bad news......again

Sometimes I think to myself, surely that's it for the bad news? Surely nothing else bad can happen in such a short space of time? Wishful thinking. This time I get a phone call to say my son is in prison. I'm in shock. I shouldn't be but I am. He's in prison for four months. That's it, that's all I know. 
If I think about it , I shouldn't be that surprised. He even told me a few months ago that he wanted to go to prison. He thought it would "sort him out" . He thought it would force him to get off the drugs.... a type of enforced rehab. Now we're going to find out.
I don't know what to think. I don't know a thing about prison. 
I don't even know what he's done. I don't know wether to cry, feel sorry for him or be cross with him. Probably a bit of everything. I can't get the thought of him miles away, alone and scared, and it's breaking my heart.
There's absolutely nothing I can do this time. Maybe it's for the best. All I can do is try to get on with things without letting it affect me and be there when he gets out. Trouble is I can't just forget it. It's there in the back of my mind. I want to run away. I want someone else to step into my shoes and sort it all out. I've had enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment