Thursday 7 November 2013

I've lost my job





 I've lost my job. The job that less than five months ago was deemed to be perfect for me. The job where after a week they told me it was as if I'd always been there. The job where I was doing so well that they asked me to increase my hours after only four weeks. The job where nobody knew about me being bipolar. The job that was supposed to give me a purpose. None of that seems real now. It's as if it was someone else doing it.
It wasn't my fault I went off sick. They changed my medication and it completely knocked me for six. It's not my fault I'm not ready to go back. It's not my fault that I'm not "stable" enough to return to work. Yet I feel so guilty because I've let so many people down and I feel so stupid that I can't do the job that I'm supposed to be so good at. I feel like a failure.
It will be finalised at a contractual review meeting. A panel will look at my sickness absence record, discuss my health, then terminate my employment. That's it. They are not doing anything wrong. They've followed procedure. If I'm really honest I can understand. Doesn't make me feel any better though.
I don't know what on earth I'm going to do. I've never been unemployed before. I don't know anything else apart from physio. I'm too young never to work again but I have a feeling that at nearly fifty and with a sickness record like mine, my job prospects are hardly going to be that great. I can't afford not to work and I don't even want to think about benefits. I don't think I can do any kind of care work again. The thought of being responsible for anyone else fills me with terror. I need a job with little or no responsibility yet I need something stimulating or I'll just get bored. I don't know if there is such a job. I'm not ready to go back yet so I just have to hope that if I start to feel better it will all become clearer. I don't want to wish time away but if I can just get Christmas out of the way then maybe next year will be a new start.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynn : Losing that perfect Job is not easy. Reading your blog, surely reveals you could have positivity in your life now. I have been in similar situation in my life. I recently wrote this Book : "Power of Positivity - For Bipolar & Anyone Else" I would like to give you a Free e-book. Just use this Coupon - KR38E - at this link. Scroll down the left side of the page to PDF for use on your computer or ipad.
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/86502
    I know it is a difficult time now for you, but try to drive negative thoughts away and replace them with positive actions :) my e-mal is
    fvongunten2@gmail.com. Look to hear from you.

    Be Well, Be in Peace,

    Dr. Fred

    ReplyDelete